Mirchi Ka Salan
Hyderabadi Biryani is not complete without Mirchi Ka Salan, This is the curry which is staple with Biryani and without much ado here is the procedure
- Long Green Chillis – 7- 8 nos
- Peanut – 50gms
- Sesame Seeds – 50gms
- Coconut (Crushed) – 50gms
- Onion (Medium sized) – 1-2nos
- Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – Half tsp
- Ginger (Finely chopped) – 1”
- Garlic paste – 1tsp.
- Coriander leaves (Finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Oil – 100ml
- Tamarind Paste – 1 tablespoon
- Roast peanuts, sesame seeds and crushed coconut till they change color and grind them to a paste.
- Chop onion and shallow fry it by putting 1/4th of oil till it turns pink and make its paste.
- Heat oil in pan.Deep fry the chillies till they change color Make sure that u spilt the chilli.Take it out from pan and keep it aside.
- Now in the same oil add cumin seeds,ginger ,garlic,coriander powder and the above made paste.
- fry it for 4-5mins.Make sure you stir constantly otherwise the paste will stick at the bottom. Now add fried chilli, turmeric powder and little water. Stir it for few more mins,till the chillis softens.
- Add tamarind paste and coriander leaves.
Delicious Mirchi ka salan is ready to be served with its companion,Biryani.