To know more about Dum click http://hyderabadibriyani.blogspot.com/2009/03/d-for-dum.html
- Mutton/Chicken :1kg
- Chilli Powder : 1tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder : half tsp.
- Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1tablespoon
- Onions : 2medium sized.
- Salt-As per taste
- Garam Masala Powder-1tsp
- Coriander Powder-1tsp
- Nutmeg Powder- half tsp
- Fresh Coriander –1 handful (Finely Chopped)
- Mint Leaves-1 handful (Finely Chopped)
- Oil –100ml
Basmati Rice: 1200gms (Soak it in water for 1hr)
Cinnamon stick –2-3 inches cut it into 2-3 pieces
Cloves – 3nos
Black cumin seeds – 1tsp
1. Add all the above ingredients except onions.
2. Cut onions and fry them deeply till they turn brown.Take them out of the oil,crush them and add this to marinated mutton.Keep the marination aside for atleast 3hrs.
3. Take a vessel.Fill it half with water and boil it.Add whole cinnamon stick, cardamom, Cloves and black cumin seeds and Salt.
4. Once the water comes to boil add rice to it.Stir it for 10mins.
5. Once rice is half done,drain it.
6. Now take a vessel and spread mutton in it in a form of a layer. Add half of oil in mutton.
7. Add rice over mutton. spread rest of the oil over it. Sprinkle little red color powder over the rice.
8. Put it on stove on high flame for 10-12mins and 10 mins on a very low flame.
Tasty Hyderabadi biryani is ready to be served with Raita and Mirchi ka salan which makes perfect dinner.